Yellow-brown oval-shaped plaster cast of a Buddha. The bottom end is flat; image depicts a human figure in a seated position with hands meeting in the centre of the chest and head covered. The figure is sitting cross-legged within an arch. The back is plain and flat.
A Buddhaplaster cast made from a carved wooden mould by a hermit. Collected in Nepal by Col. Francis Younghusband, who gave it to Dr. Tom Longstaff. About 1912 Dr. Longstaff gave it to Dr. Frederick Charles Bell of West Vancouver, BC” (1971).
- Title : Buddha Figure
- Year : Date Made Before 1912
- Classification : Sculpture
- Medium : Plaster
- Dimension : Overall: 7.1 cm x 5.7 cm x 1.7 cm
- Accession No : 1431/12
- Country/ Geo-location : NEPAL
- Museum : Museum of Anthropology at University of British Columbia
- Credit Line : Moira Irvine Collection
- Acquisition Method : Date Acquired: 9 Oct 1990: Donated
- Status : Not on display