Private French Collection
A repoussé gilt-copper figure of a standing Bodhisattva and a gilt-copper alloy leg of a divinity, Tibet or Nepal, 19th century or earlier
The Bodhisattva represented standing on a lotiform plinth crowned with a mandorla worked in repoussé on a wooden core, plinth; the leg adorned with jewels around the foot.
- Title : A repoussé gilt-copper figure of a standing Bodhisattva and a gilt-copper alloy leg of a divinity
- Year : 19th century or earlier
- Classification : Sculpture
- Medium : Repoussé Gilt-Copper and Gilt-Copper Alloy
- Dimension : 13.4 cm; 14.4 cm, 5¼ in .; 5⅝ in.
- Accession No : LOT 45
- Country/ Geo-location : Nepal OR Tibet
- Collection : Sotheby’s
- Status : LOT SOLD IN AUCTION (11th DECEMBER 2020)
- Lot sold : 2,142 EUR
- Estimate : 1,000 - 1,500 EUR
- Catalogue Description : A gilt-copper figure of a standing Bodhisattva: There is wear to the gilding and malachite encrustation. Red pigment is still visible behind the figure. The repoussé plaque is attached to a wood plaque. A gilt-copper alloy leg of a divinity, Tibet or Nepal, 19th century or earlier: good overall condition with the exception of a few stress cracks behind and three holes in the upper part.