CATALOGUE DESCRIPTION One of two pages in the collection from a manuscript of the Gandavyuha, a Mahayana Buddhist text narrating the pilgrimage of Sudhana. The text is in Sanskrit. The image on this page represents Sudhana standing holding a lotus in a forest setting (suggested by a tree, a bush, and a reclining deer). Other pages from this manuscript are in several Western museums.
- Title : Folio from a Gandavyuha Manuscript 2
- Year : 12th century
- Classification : Manuscripts
- Medium : Colours on palm leaf
- Dimension : 2 x 21 5/8in. (5.1 x 54.9cm)
- Accession No : 86.227.137
- Country/ Geo-location : Nepal
- Period : Pala Period
- Collection : Brooklyn Museum
- Credit Line : Gift of the Ernest Erickson Foundation, Inc.
- Status : This item is not on view